You are here
Home > About Us
This is RM Insurance
RM INSURANCE is a member of the Old Mutual Group and is one of the most mature and largest short term insurance companies in Zimbabwe. It provides insurance solutions to the insuring public, commercial, industrial and corporate entities. Its values include integrity, honesty, and being ethical. The company has excellent business relations with its brokers and agents who offer clients personal service. The company has excellent underwriting skills in products like Personal Insurances, Commercial Insurances, Industrial Covers, Bonds and Guarantees, Motor, Engineering and Marine Insurance.
Our Heritage :
RM Insurance was born out of the merger between the Old Mutual Fire and General Insurance Company (OMFGIC) and the Royal Insurance Company in 1983. OMFGIC was the non-life company of Old Mutual whilst the Royal was a branch of Royal Insurance plc, a major UK insurance company. Both shareholders celebrated their 150th anniversaries in 1995 establishing their credibility in the insurance business.
In 2003 RM Insurance merged with CGU Insurance Company (an entity arising out of the merger between Commercial Union and General Accident) to become one of the biggest short-term insurance companies in Zimbabwe. RM Insurance offers a variety of insurance products and services that suit diverse short-term insurance needs
Share holding structure
Old Mutual Zimbabwe: 51%
Mutual & Federal (South Africa): 41%
Mining Industry Pension Fund: 8%
Our vision is to perfect our business excellence by adding distinct value to the insuring public, the investors and all of our business partners.
- Integrity: To act in good faith in all dealings with customers, suppliers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Ethical: In interaction with colleagues, the public and in all dealings.
- Honesty: Strive to be truthful, free from misrepresentation, avoid personal self-interest in all transactions.
- Openness: Communicate all material facts honestly and truthfully.
- Fairness: Always act in the best interest of stakeholders, in a non-political, non-sectorial manner and desist from all forms of discriminations.
- Respect: Treat individuals and partners with due respect and dignity, respect rights, cultural diversity.
- Flexible: Be adaptive, re-think, and remove mental models.
- Innovative: Always challenge status quo, find new solutions, use initiatives and prudence.
News and Events
Where to find us
RM INSURANCE has branches in the cities of Harare, Bulawayo, Mutare and Gweru. It also enjoys a countrywide network through its strategic alliance with Old Mutual and CABS. Click here for branch locater